To utilize my current skillset to contribute in the industry while continuing to learn further within the discipline.
Architectural Technology co-op | sheridan college | 2013-2016 (current)
- Current Grade Point Average of 4.00
- Awarded the Dean's Prize for Architectural Technology for my 3rd semester.
- Complete courses in Architectural Studio 1 & 2, Architectural Computer Applications 1 & 2, Architectural Detailing, Architectural History, Building Materials, Building Systems, Technical Mathematics, Calculus, Health & Safety
European History | McMaster University | 2001-2005
- Studied all eras of European History with primary focus on Medieval and Classical Periods
- Other studies included Anthropology, Religious Studies, Indigenous Studies, critical thinking, essay writing
Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows
- Adobe Photoshop
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Manual drafting
- Detailing conventions
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Knowledge of building materials & Systems
- Work well in group settings learned how to quickly give and take direction as team leader in previous work, able to explain things accurately and quickly.
- Ran beef blending department at Grand River Foods, often lead group activities during classes
Purchasing Estimator Co-op | Mattamy Homes | Jan - Apr, Aug-Dec 2015
- Material estimation for purchasing cost
- Created and corrected pricing guides for customers
- Designed entire lighting catalogue for customers
- On site visits
- Assisting other estimators and design consultants with a variety of different tasks
Designer Co-op | Brabo Reno | June 2014 – August 2014
- In house designer for renovations
- Responsibilities included OBC analysis, cost estimation, product research, on site planning
Various Positions | Grand River Foods | June 2006 – August 2013
- During time there was a blender operator, back up team leader, team leader and sanitation technician
- Performed various tasks such as: equipment operation, food safety grade sanitation, paperwork, team leading, training new employees, assisted in creation of forms, materials handling, lift truck operation, taught to lead teams, operate as a member of a team and to function independently.
References, portfolio and grade transcripts are available upon request.