Primary academic focus has been Architectural Technology. Experienced in overseeing a variety of construction teams and projects: establishing and maintaining effective communication between staff, general contractors and various management teams; monitoring site conditions; tracking stages of construction; ensuring that projects maintain established schedules; and confirming that work complies with local building and safety codes.
Training and Certification
• Possess certification in WHMIS, first aid and fall arrest
• Reading and producing architectural drawings/details
• Adept with AutoCAD and Revit, Adobe Photoshop and Lumion design programs
• Knowledgeable in Mirosoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Shop Safety Supervisor/Coordinator at Just Aluminum and Glass Inc.
• Experienced in welding/fitting, glazing; practice finish carpentry/cabinet making as a hobby
• Natural leader, team player/builder, communicative, personable and approachable, and always strive to deliver my best
• Organized, efficient and detail-oriented
• Punctual, dedicated, forward-thinking, open minded creative problem solver.
Joined the team at Just Aluminum and Glass Inc. in an entry level role and progressed to current job, managing and coordinating multiple, concurrent, large and small scale projects.
• Project coordination/management
• Preparation of quotes, budgets and tenders
• Creation of shop and production drawings
• Knowledgeable in the use and application of building materials including glass, steel and wood
June 2010 – Present Zed 3 Inc. Commercial Glass & Glazing Supply & Installation/Just Aluminum & Glass, Trillium Windows & Doors, Bigfoot Door
June 2006 – Jun 2010 - NewTech Iron Works
• Worked part-time and full-time during school holidays both in-shop and on-site fabrication/installation of miscellaneous steel projects consisting of custom stairs, handrails, railings, fire escapes, canopies, ladders, and structural reinforcement installations at residential and commercial job sites -most notably, the entirety of miscellaneous metals for the 54 storey Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences in Toronto.
• Used architectural and shop drawings and was introduced to compliance with code requirements related to load bearing beams, posts, precast brick shelf angles, elevator divider beams, stairs and positioning of handrails/railings used to fulfill the engineered design requirements of projects.
June 2005 – Sep 2005 - Moldenhauer Developments
• As a general labourer working on a full-time basis, liaised with a variety of trades personnel involved in the construction of a residential development project consisting of 53 homes.
2004 – 2010 - Ed Bric Carpentry
• As a general labourer, working part-time assisting in the family finish carpentry and general contracting business on a variety of custom projects and renovations.
April 2019- Sheridan College: Architectural Technology (Course Code: PARTY)
• Three year Architectural Technology program completed at Sheridan College which included studies in residential and commercial detailing and drafting, building materials, residential detailing, building systems, strengths of materials calculation and construction estimating, building information modelling (BIM)
January 2016 - Humber College (North)
• Attended the Ontario Building Code General Legal/Process educational course (BCIN#)
• In the process of completing part time studies of Ontario building code education courses at Humber College
Feb 2014 Sheridan College - Level 2 (Course Code: CADD79003)
• Sponsored by Just Aluminum & Glass Inc completed the advanced level AutoCAD course.
Habitat for Humanity – through construction and building technologies classes in high school, participated in various community projects.
Planica Hunting and Fishing Club- serve as a chairman of the board helping in the team management of a 1000 acre forested property overseeing forest management, organizing work for contributing members, and further developing plans towards the sustainability of the club.