Matthew D. Dec
Career History - Academic History - Skills and Abilities - References
Portfolio - Resume - Contact
Sports Instructor | City of Mississauga (2015 - Present)
- Facilitate instructional classes where students learn the fundamentals of: soccer, basketball, badminton all by my lead and knowledge throughout a series of 8 to 12 weeks which make up one instructional session.
Mechanical Drafter | Carney Battery Handeling (June 2019 - Present)
- Interpret design intent and 3D model machines and components, to client's needs and company standards.
- Revise drawings and/or design to new project conditions such as safety factor, or usability.
- 3D design done through Solidworks which was learned without any prior knowledge, and used with proficiency.
Project Coordinator | Sheridan College (Facilities Services) (Co-op work term | April-September 2018)
- Oversee a classroom renovation from tender to commissioning, (Commercial Construction)
- Created Auto-cad files for the complete scope of work.
- Only Co-op student to have their project finished on time and completed under budget.
- Project scope was valued at $170,000.
- Project was completed using $140,000.
Highschool Honors Graduate.
Architectural Technology (3-year) Currently in third year.
- 3.0 GPA
Skills and Abilities:
- Thoroughly knowledgeable with computer automated design programs: Autocad, Solidworks, Revit as well as rendering programs such as Lumion and 3DS Max.
- In-depth understanding of building construction and limitations from design to real world construction applications being conscious of real world budgeting constraints.
- Very confident with all microsoft office products (powerpoint,excel, and word).
- Work exceptionally well with tight deadlines and rushed circumstances, especially within a team environment.
- Comfortable with speaking to larger audiences as well as effectively communicating to uncover solutions in a timely manner. - Very organized workflow, with systematic small goals throughout.
- WHMIS, First Aid/CPR-C Certified (2020).
- References available upon request.
- Portfolio accessible at my portfolio website - bit.ly/matthewdec
If correspondance is made and within 3 business days you do not get a reply, please do call as the email may have been flagged as "junk".