Architectural Technology student with strong passion and ability for designs, details and organization.
Seeking a work term where I can use my skills in AutoCAD, knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and Canadian wood frame construction.
- Execute complex drawings and details
- 2D drafting using AutoCAD (2013)
- 3D Conceptual designs using ArchiCAD (2010)
- Create pictorial sketches using freehand techniques
- Use of building codes and zoning by-laws (O.B.C)
- Construct working models for architectural designs
- Prepare structural and architectural drawings
- 3ds Max 2016
- Autodesk Revit 2016
- Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2016
- AutoCAD 2013
- ArchiCAD 2010
- Photoshop CS6
- Makerbot for 3D printing
- ProjectLibre for project management
- Knowledge of MS. Office
- Prepare standard office forms such as timesheets, etc.
Architectural Technology (Co-op)
Sheridan College Institute of Technology, Brampton, ON September 2013 – Present
- Trade Diploma in Architectural Technology
Fiji National University May 2009 – July 2011
Ashok Balgovind & Associates May 2011 - August 2013
- Preparing Architectural and Structural drawings (Residential and Commercial)
- Building estimates
- PowerPoint presentations for meetings with clients
- Compiling project proposals
- Site inspection and evaluation (Residential and Commercial)
- Engaging with local authorities i.e. Government Departments and City Councils regarding projects
- Office duties (copying, printing, organizing, etc.)
Lautoka City Council December 2009 – January 2010
Trainee Building Inspector
- Site inspections (Residential and Commercial)
- Interpreting building plans (Residential and Commercial)
- Attending meetings with heads of departments.
- Advising clients regarding building matters
Obtained a 4.00 cumulative GPA at Sheridan College
- Certificate of Merit in attaining highest mark in Technical Drawing & Design in High School (Grade 13).
- Certificate of Participation in Australian Mathematics Competition in High School (Grade 9).
- Winner in the Design Charrette competition at Sheridan College
- Winners in the Studio 6 design to represent Sheridan College in the OAAAS competition
Interest in designing.
- Exploring buildings
- Playing soccer
References available upon request