I am finishing the three year Architectural Technologist program at Sheridan Davis Campus for four years now; working to pay for college on my own. I have worked in the residential construction industry for over 12 years and have been involved in over 200 projects ranging from single day to several month projects. My experiences give me an excellent understanding of the construction process, and with my studies at Sheridan as well, I know I can make a diffence in the architecture industry.
- Sheridan College – 2011 Sept – Present (Architectural Technologist)
- York University – 2007 to 2009 - (Applied Physics and Mathematics)
- Excellent with: AutoCAD, Sketch up (V-ray, IRender nXt, Podium, dozens of other plugins), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe (Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver)
- Comfortable with: Revit, 3ds Max, SAP 2000, MATLAB
- Practical and thorough understanding of the O.B.C.
- Great understanding of math and physics; multivariable vector calculus, ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, special relativity, EM, Newtonian mechanics
- Exceptional skill in forseeing potential problems, brain storming and uncovering solutions
- Work effectively with a team as awell as individually
Residential Construction Lead Hand, Stan-Way Construction, GTA
Math Tutor for High School Students, Self Employed
- Primarily hardscape construction, with winter season home renovations
- Working season; interlock pavers, rockwalls, waterfalls, retaining walls, ramps, flagstone, steps.
- Off season: wood stud wall assemblies, hardwood flooring, trim, paint
- Read drawing set to construct hardscapes, landscapes and renovations
- Operate and maintain machinery
- Speak with clients throughout the day, answer questions and offer solutions
- Train, instruct and supervise new employees
- Sign off material on arrival
- General labour and construction
Banquet Hall Waiter, Ella Catering, Mississauga
- Finding student clients
- Identifying gaps in mathematical understanding by practice problems
- Using simple metaphors and analogies to help student understand
[2008-2014 on-call basis]
- On-call for large events (Large weddings, New year’s, etc) when understaffed
- Serviced four to five tables for dinner, cleaning, assistance
- Selling merchandise on seasonal events (Valentine’s Day, New Years, etc)
- Assisted bar staff on down time
- Post event venue clean up
- Enjoy learning new hands-on crafts; wood working, sculpting chocolate mold, drawing, painting, model making, creating cards, etc.
- Hiking and camping as far north as a tank of gas will take (and bringing loud friends to keep bears away)
- Running at dawn
- Keeping up with latest developments at CERN and QM community
- Volunteered in the construction of a 20,000 sqft seating pation, of re-used interlock, for Veteran’s Park (Paderewski Park in Vaughan) in preparation for the 2014 annual PC Party BBQ. I was then invited by park manager and had the opportunity to meet Stephen Harper!
- Helped organize Sheridan Campus garbage clean up in 2012
- Garbage clean up at Brampton Badlands in 2011